Monday, July 28, 2008

He's Here!!!



Hunter Dario Gomez was born on July 24, 2008 weighing in at 7lbs 13oz and measuring 19 1/2 inches long! Needless to say we are super excited that he finally decided to join us!
I had a doctors appointment on the morning of the 23rd and found out I was only dilated to a 1. :( By this point he was already a day late, so that was not very encouraging. However by mid afternoon that same day I started to have some pretty frequent and more intense contractions. Come 11:00 that night they were 4 minutes apart and lasting around a minute each. So we casually put ourselves together, gathered some last minute things, and headed for the hospital. When we first got there I was dilated to a 2, and after an hour of monitoring me, I had dilated to a 3! So they admitted me!
Shortly after that I got my epidural (that was probably the scariest part for me since I hate needles) and life was looking much better! After about 7 hours I had finally dilated to a 10, and we were then just waiting for Hunter to drop a little further down so I wouldn't have to push so long... It still took about an hour anyways and then some forceps, but he made it out!
So now we are at home and are probably the most camera happy we have ever been! Despite all the things that come along with having a baby, sleepless nights, aches and pains (for me), messy diapers... We love him SO much and are SO happy to have him with us!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

CJ said...

Congratulations! I had a feeling we'd see this post soon. Great pics, thanks for sharing. From what I can tell he looks like a little Dario. :) Enjoy him!

Sheree in GA said...

We are so excited that Hunter finally decided to join everyone. And on Michael's birthday, how about that. Glad to hear that everything went well. What a handsome little boy! I tried calling your Dad and Mia today and couldn't reach anyone. I think they changed their phone numbers. We will be there in 2 weeks for Carrie and Shellie's graduation. Can we stop by?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! How exciting. He's adorable.

Candice said...

He is beautiful! Congrats!!!!!!!! I know you are so happy. When I was driving to work today, I decited when it was not 6 am for ya'll I would give you a call. I have Dario's number but not yours. I will give him a call today to get your number. I am so happy for y'all!!!!!

elise and jeff said...

Hey Dario I found your blog and wanted to say CONGRATS! He is darling and I love the name Hunter!

Mrs. B said...

Congratulations! I'm really happy for you guys! And Stephanie, you were one of the cutest pregnant people ever.

Shellie said...

Congratulations- what a darling baby! Seeing your post just made us even more excited for our little guy.

Jensen Fam said...

Congratulations! He's so sweet! Enjoy all the fun babies bring! Also, his room is super cute too!